Doula Services for Charlotte & Surrounding Areas
I believe that it is very important that we get to know each other and understand the quest that lays before us. Everyone is different and I respect the uniqueness that is brought to the table.
- A free personal meeting so we can get to know each other
- A 1 1/2 - 2 hour prenatal meeting with your and your partner to review your birth preference and what to expect
- I will help you write down your birth preferences and I will provide resources and education to assist in making decision on what you prefer if needed.
- A second 1 1/2 - 2 hour meeting to practice comfort measures for birth with you and your partner
- An additional meeting as necessary to discuss fears or concerns
- I will tour the labor and delivery department of the hospital where you will be giving birth, if I haven’t worked there before.
- Open phone and email communication, on call 24/7 for labor or emergencies
- Continuous labor and birth attendance from when you feel I am needed until 1-2 hours postpartum
- I will help to ease labor pain through non-pharmacological measures, such as massage, pain-relieving body positioning, and mental and physical relaxation and coping/concentration techniques.
- 2-3 hours postpartum care once you are home, to review breastfeeding, answer questions/concerns or just to talk.
The above package and can be paid in two payments (1/2 when the agreement form is signed and the balance when we have our prenatal meeting. Other arrangements can be made.
I offer a reduced fee based on income and need. I am also happy to discuss bartering for services needed.
***Reiki and Homeopathy services also available
Every Woman Should Be Able to Have a DOULA
Please contact me if you have any questions or want to set up an appointment. I would love to speak with you.
Melissa@BirthingElements.com or Fehrydust@gmail.com